Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Records and correspondence
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Harold Ober; Harold Ober Associates.; Bolt & Watson Limited.; David Higham Associates.; Hughes Massie Limited.
|Description:||297.6 linear ft. (744 archival boxes)|
The Ober files contain correspondence with clients and with editors, publishers, and other agents concerning clients' work; occasional manuscripts of stories, poems, chapter outlines of novels, and revisions/insertions for clients' work; and copies of some contracts. For the most part, the files of the London agencies contain inter-agency correspondence about clients' work, though letters from the authors, themselves, frequently appear.
Authors with major files in the Archives include Richard Adams, William Barrett, Catherine Drinker Bowen, Pearl Buck, Walter Edmonds, John Gunther, Langston Hughes, John Bartlow Martin, Muriel Spark, and Philip Wylie. Literary estate correspondence for F. Scott Fitzgerald and William Faulkner is also sizable.
- Authors, American -- 20th century.
- Authors, English -- 20th century.
- Authors and publishers -- Great Britain -- 20th century.
- Authors and publishers -- United States -- 20th century.
- Novelists, American -- 20th century.
- Novelists, English -- 20th century.
- Publishers and publishing -- England -- 20th century.
- Publishers and publishing -- United States -- 20th century.
- Literary agents -- Great Britain -- 20th century -- Correspondence.
- Literary agents -- United States -- 20th century -- Correspondence.
- Authors, American.
- Authors and publishers.
- Authors, English.
- Literary agents.
- Novelists, American.
- Novelists, English.
- Publishers and publishing.
- Great Britain.
- United States.