Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Fliers (printed matter)
|Named Person:||Éamon De Valera; Michael Flannery; John F Kennedy; Maureen O'Hara; Tip O'Neill|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Archives of Irish America,|
|Language Note:||Materials are in English and Irish.|
|Notes:||Location of resource: Materials stored offsite and advance notice is required for use. Please contact email@example.com two business days prior to research visit.|
|Description:||26.5 linear feet (in 21 record cartons and 4 oversize flat boxes)|
The Vertical File collection is an artificial collection of materials on various topics, individuals, and organizations both Irish-American and Irish with an emphasis on the latter. The collection includes contracts, constitutions, flyers, broadsides, leaflets, clippings, reports, pamphlets, catalogs, brochures, bibliographies, press releases, programs, sheet music and other printed ephemera, and is arranged alphabetically. The bulk of this collection represents the type of literature commonly circulating within the New York Irish community since 1970. Information on more than 100 non-profit Irish American political and cultural organizations and events, businesses, the Irish language, one-time events such as demonstrations and poetry readings, and individuals is included. Also included are clippings and articles on famous Irish-Americans, gift catalogs, and information relating to publications. Some of the more documented institutions and topics covered are the Catholic Diocese, the Emerald Isle Immigration Center, the Glucksman Ireland House, the Irish American Cultural Institute, Irish Books and Media, Inc., The Irish Repertory Theatre, Saint Patrick's Day Parade organizations and events, and theater productions on and off Broadway. The majority of materials date from the 1970s and on.
- De Valera, Éamon, -- 1882-1975.
- Flannery, Michael, -- 1902-1994.
- Kennedy, John F. -- (John Fitzgerald), -- 1917-1963.
- O'Hara, Maureen, -- 1920-
- O'Neill, Tip.
- American Conference for Irish Studies. -- American Committee for Irish Studies.
- American Ireland Fund.
- American-Irish Historical Society.
- Boston College.
- Catholic Church -- United States.
- Claidheamh Soluis (New York, N.Y.)
- Columbia University.
- Emerald Isle Immigration Center.
- Friendly Sons of St. Patrick.
- Glucksman Ireland House.
- Irish American Building Society.
- Irish American Cultural Institute.
- Knights of Columbus.
- U2 (Musical group)
- Hunger strikes -- Northern Ireland.
- Immigrants -- United States.
- Immigrants -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Immigrants -- United States -- Political activity -- History -- 20th century.
- Irish Americans.
- Irish Americans -- Music -- Music.
- Irish Americans -- Politics and government.
- Irish Americans -- Social life and customs.
- Irish Americans -- Societies, etc.
- Irish Americans -- New York (State) -- New York -- Social life and customs.
- Labor unions.
- Political prisoners -- Ireland.
- Publishers and publishing -- United States.
- Saint Patrick's Day.
- Ireland -- History -- Easter Rising, 1916.