Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||G P R James; Elisha Kent Kane; G P R James; Elisha Kent Kane|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Elisha Kent Kane; James Hamilton; Christian Schussele; George William Childs; Joseph Tuckerman Tower; Childs & Peterson.
|Notes:||Title from binder's title gilt-stamped on front cover.
Includes 14 drawings in pen, ink and wash, some signed by Hamilton, probably drawings from Kane's sketches made for the engraver of the 1856, Childs and Peterson edition of Kane's Artctic explorations.
Also includes at front: an engraving of G.P.R. James, with inscription by James to Geo. William Childs dated 1858; a proof before letter of the frontispiece portrait of Kane from the 1856 edition of his Arctic explorations, inscribed by him to Mrs. Peterson; and another proofsheet including the portrait and title-page of the 1856 edition on one sheet, inscribed by Kane to Geo. W. Childs, dated Oct. 4 1856.
|Description:||1 v. (11 leaves) ; 36 cm.|
|Responsibility:||E. K. Kane.|
- James, G. P. R. -- (George Payne Rainsford), -- 1801?-1860 -- Portraits.
- Kane, Elisha Kent, -- 1820-1857 -- Portraits.
- Arctic regions -- Discovery and exploration.
- James, G. P. R. -- (George Payne Rainsford), -- 1801?-1860.
- Kane, Elisha Kent, -- 1820-1857.
- Discoveries in geography.
- Arctic Regions.