Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780737764161 0737764163 9780737764178 0737764171|
|Description:||110 p. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Players' unions make professional sports more competitive and fair / Timothy L. Epstein --
Players' unions make professional sports too expensive for fans / Ben Shapiro --
Football's future if the players win / Roger Goodell --
Players' unions protect owners, not players or fans / Arn Tellem --
Agents, not unions, are the cause of NBA labor strife / Kevin Ding --
NBA labor issues are based in racism / David J. Leonard --
Fans are the real victims of sports labor strife / Sally Jenkins --
Fans will always return after a sports labor dispute / David J. Berri, Martin B. Schmidt, Stacey L. Brook --
The success of the NFL proves collective bargaining benefits everyone / David Madland, Nick Bunker --
NFL labor dispute reflects wider rift between workers and employers / Michael Schottey --
Players' unions encourage perpetual labor strife / Richard A. Epstein --
Players unions give athletes a voice that non-union workers don't have / Paul Frymer, Dorian T. Warren --
Adopting European system would eliminate labor issues in US sports / David Berri --
Make the fans the owners: a long-term solution for the NFL / Roger Groves.
|Series Title:||At issue., Sports.|
|Responsibility:||Thomas Riggs and company, book editor.|
- Professional sports -- Economic aspects -- United States -- Juvenile literature.
- Professional sports contracts -- United States -- Juvenile literature.
- Professional sports -- Law and legislation -- United States -- Juvenile literature.
- Collective bargaining -- Sports -- United States -- Juvenile literature.
- Athletes -- Labor unions -- United States -- Juvenile literature.
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Sports & Recreation / General.
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Law & Crime.
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Social Science / General.