Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||James Hamilton; Joseph C Cabell; Joseph Carrington Cabell; Joseph C Cabell; James Hamilton|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John MacPherson Berrien; James Hamilton; Joseph C Cabell; United States. Board of Commissioners Under the Treaty of Ghent.
This is probably the paper prepared by John M. Berrien, mentioned in "A memorial on behalf of the Virginia and Maryland claimants ... Mar. 10, 1828" signed: Aug. Neale (in Amer. state papers, Foreign relations, v. 6, p. 855-857).
The claims referred to were in compensation for slaves carried away by the British in 1815, during the War of 1812.
Submitted to the Board of Commissioners appointed under act of Mar. 2, 1827 pursuant to the convention of London, Nov. 13, 1826, in an effort to obtain the award of funds claimed by Cabell, et al.
LC copy has inscription: Cary Selden, 27 Feb. 1828.
|Description:||38 pages ; 25 cm|
- Hamilton, James, -- 1763-1829 -- Claims.
- Cabell, Joseph C. -- (Joseph Carrington), -- 1778-1856 -- Claims.
- United States -- History -- War of 1812 -- Claims.
- Cabell, Joseph Carrington, -- 1778-1856.
- Cabell, Joseph C. -- (Joseph Carrington), -- 1778-1856.
- Hamilton, James, -- 1763-1829.
- United States.