Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Arlin Turner; Gay Wilson Allen; John Q Anderson; Louis J Budd; George Washington Cable; James B Colvert; Eddie Gay Cone; Benjamin Franklin Fisher; Nathaniel Hawthorne; Albert Mordell; Norman Holmes Pearson; William Stafford; Edmund Wilson|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Arlin Turner; Jay B. Hubbell Center for American Literary Historiography.
|Notes:||Cataloged from inventory.|
There are also letters, printed matter, reports, and minutes that Turner collected as a member or officer of organizations, including the American Literature Section of the Modern Language Association, Committee for American Studies, and the Associated Research Council.
The Turner Papers also document the development of high school, collegiate, and graduate level instruction in American literature through the organizational records and course materials, the latter of which include Turner's personal writings and research notes, subject files, clippings, lecture notes, and other printed materials on various authors or genres of American literature, including Southern literature, American humor, Nathaniel Hawthorne and George Washington Cable.
- Turner, Arlin.
- Allen, Gay Wilson, -- 1903-1995.
- Anderson, John Q.
- Budd, Louis J.
- Cable, George Washington, -- 1844-1925.
- Colvert, James B.
- Cone, Eddie Gay, -- 1938-
- Fisher, Benjamin Franklin.
- Hawthorne, Nathaniel, -- 1804-1864.
- Mordell, Albert, -- 1885-1965.
- Pearson, Norman Holmes, -- 1909-1975.
- Stafford, William, -- 1914-1993.
- Wilson, Edmund, -- 1895-1972.
- Modern Language Association of America. -- American Literature Section.
- Associated Research Council.
- American literature -- Study and teaching.
- American literature -- Study and teaching (Higher)
- American literature -- Southern States.
- American wit and humor.
- Authors, American.
- Universities and colleges -- Curricula -- United States.
- College teachers -- Correspondence.