|材料类型：||剪辑艺术/影像/图形, 胶卷, 互联网资源, 录像|
|文件类型：||互联网资源, 计算机文档, 视觉资料|
|所有的著者/提供者：||Kleine (George) Collection (Library of Congress); Thomas A. Edison, Inc.|
|注意：||Copyright: no reg.|
|描述：||1 online resource (1 electronic resource (2 min.))|
|丛书名：||American history in video.|
|责任：||Thomas A. Edison, Inc.|
The following is a scene-by-scene description of the film: [Frame: 0276] The first segment shows a series of loaded mule trains, guided by mules and horses. Many soldiers ride two-to-a-horse (or mule), possibly to facilitate quick unloading of supplies. Note the "Rough Rider"--Style hats worn by many of the men. The dusty location is unclear; if the tower in the right distance is St. Boniface Church, the view could be west on Golden Gate Avenue from Van Ness Avenue. Note the young soldier approaching the camera .  The second scene shows what are probably the same mule trains passing through an unburnt neighborhood. The row of Victorian homes, the distant slope, and the church on the hill suggest a possible view east on Geary Street from near Webster Street. If the location is correct, the supplies could be headed for the Hamilton Park refugee camp or for the Presidio supply center. Pack trains such as this were the quickest and most efficient method of transporting large amounts of supplies through the hilly and rubble-filled streets west of the docks.
- United States. -- Army. -- Cavalry.
- Disaster relief -- California -- San Francisco.
- Earthquakes -- California -- San Francisco.
- Fires -- California -- San Francisco.
- Mules -- California -- San Francisco.
- Pack animals (Transportation) -- California -- San Francisco.
- San Francisco Earthquake and Fire, Calif., 1906.
- San Francisco (Calif.) -- History.
- Disaster relief.
- Pack animals (Transportation)
- California -- San Francisco.