Find a copy in the library
Find it in libraries globally
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780814776223 0814776221 9780814776230 081477623X 9780814723913 0814723918 9780814708224 0814708226|
|Description:||xv, 229 p. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||The problem of male violence against black women --
How we won the mainstream but lost the movement --
Black women, male violence, and the buildup of a prison nation --
The matrix: a black feminist response to male violence and the state.
|Responsibility:||Beth E. Richie.|
"No one writes with passion like Beth Richie to convey the degree of danger the most marginalized women in our country are in. If there is one book you read to understand better why poor Black women
- African American women -- Abuse of.
- African American women -- Violence against.
- African American women -- Crimes against.
- African American women -- Social conditions.
- Abused women -- United States.
- Victims of crimes -- United States.
- Violence -- United States.
- Crime -- Sociological aspects.
- Abused women.
- Victims of crimes.
- United States.
User lists with this item (6)
- General Sociology Titles(96 items)
by ameier updated 2013-12-04
- Sociology(6 items)
by svangundy updated 2013-11-11
- New Sociology Books October 2013(6 items)
by svangundy updated 2013-10-14
- New Books February 2013(91 items)
by BrookensLibrary updated 2013-04-18
- 2013-January: New Items at the SPU Library(198 items)
by spulibrary updated 2013-02-06