|类型/形式：||Films for the hearing impaired
Documentary television programs
Nonfiction television programs
Susan Bellows; Joe Morton; Steve Fayer; Blackside, Inc.; British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service.; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); PBS Video.
|制作人员：||Editor, Eric Handley ; narrator, Joe Morton ; photography, Michael Chin ; music, Brian Keane.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (60 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.|
|丛书名：||Great Depression, 7.|
|责任：||a production of Blackside ; produced in association with BBC-2 ; WGBH Boston ; produced, directed, and written by Susan Bellows ; series writer, Steve Fayer.|
By 1939 Americans were still struggling to end the Great Depression. Their dreams of peace and prosperity were celebrated at World's Fairs in New York and San Francisco, but prosperity did not come in peacetime. Millions fled the "dust bowl" states to finally find work in new defense industries. While the New Deal changed America forever, it was war that ended the Great Depression. Primarily uses interviews and historical film footage to portray the era.
- Agriculture -- Great Plains -- History -- 20th century.
- Farms -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Economic aspects -- United States.
- Depressions -- 1929 -- United States.
- United States -- History -- 1919-1933.
- United States -- History -- 1933-1945.
- United States -- Economic conditions -- 1918-1945.