Venetia Porter; British Museum.
|注意：||Published as a companion to the exhibition Hajj: journey to the heart of Islam, held at the British Museum, 26 January to 15 April 2012.|
|描述：||96 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), color map ; 19 cm|
|内容：||Mecca : centre of the world --
The journey --
Mecca : the blessed city --
Ritual and prayer --
Textiles for Mecca and Medina --
Medina: city of the Prophet --
The annual ritual pilgrimage to Makkah was established by the Prophet Muhammad in the last year of his life (AD 632). Over the following centuries the experience and importance of Hajj have been evocatively documented in countless ways. Highlighting the pilgrims' journey across time, the sacred rituals of Hajj, and the city of Makkah itself, this beautiful little book features illuminated manuscripts, wall paintings and photographs, as well as calligraphy, textiles, scientific instruments, decorative tiles, maps, ceramics, metalwork and powerful works by contemporary artists. Published to coincide with a major exhibition at the British Museum, from 26 January to 15 April 2012.
- Islamic art -- Exhibitions.
- Muslim pilgrims and pilgrimages -- Saudi Arabia -- Mecca -- Exhibitions.
- Islamic art.
- Muslim pilgrims and pilgrimages.
- Saudi Arabia -- Mecca.
- Muslim Journeys(24 资料)
由 UMLLibraries 已更新 2015-10-27
- Muslim Journeys Bookshelf(26 资料)
由 aschweik 已更新 2013-10-23
- Muslim Journeys - Luria Library books from NEH grant(28 资料)
由 sschuah 已更新 2013-09-18
- Muslim Journeys Bookshelf Collection(25 资料)
由 vhawkala97 已更新 2013-09-16
- KPL -- Bridging Cultures/Muslim Journeys(29 资料)
由 rchristi 已更新 2013-06-10