|类型/形式：||Criticism, interpretation, etc
|提及的人：||Richard Diebenkorn; Richard Diebenkorn; Richard Diebenkorn; Richard Diebenkorn; Richard Diebenkorn; Richard Diebenkorn; Richard Diebenkorn; Richard Diebenkorn|
Jane Livingston; Richard Diebenkorn; John Elderfield; Whitney Museum of American Art.
|ISBN:||0520212576 9780520212572 0520212584 9780520212589 087427107X 9780874271072|
|注意：||Exhibition held at the Whitney Museum of American Art on Oct. 9, 1997-Jan.11, 1998, and others.|
|描述：||276 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 32 cm.|
|内容：||Foreword / David A. Ross --
Preface and acknowledgements / Jane Livingston --
Art of Richard Diebenkorn / Jane Livingston --
Reality: digested, transmuted, and twisted / Ruth E. Fine --
Leaving Ocean Park / John Elderfield --
Selected exhibition history --
Selected bibliography --
Works in exhibition.
|责任：||Jane Livingston ; with essays by John Elderfield, Ruth Fine, and Jane Livingston.|
In this book, which accompanies the Whitney Museum's 1997 Diebenkorn retrospective exhibition, the most comprehensive survey of his work ever held, Diebenkorn emerges as an artist who restored to late modernism the sense of the sublime that seemed to fade with each successive decade after World War II. In the 1940s and early 1950s, he forged an impressive abstract vocabulary - and then suddenly abandoned it in 1955 for a representational mode that encompassed still lifes, landscapes, figures, and interiors. Along with painters David Park and Elmer Bischoff, he established what has come to be known as the Bay Area Figurative School.
Twelve years later, in 1967, Diebenkorn moved back into abstraction, embarking on the renowned Ocean Park series of paintings and drawings that he continued to develop until the end of his life.
- Diebenkorn, Richard, -- 1922-1993 -- Exhibitions.
- Diebenkorn, Richard, -- 1922-1993 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Diebenkorn, Richard -- Exhibitions.
- Diebenkorn, Richard -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Diebenkorn, Richard, -- 1922- -- Expositions.
- Diebenkorn, Richard, -- 1922- -- Critique et interprétation.
- Diebenkorn, Richard, -- 1922-1993
- Diebenkorn, Richard, -- (1922- ) -- Expositions.
- New York -- Expositions -- 1997-1998.