Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Stephanie Mayer Heydt; Mindy A Besaw; Emma I Hansen; High Museum of Art.; Booth Western Art Museum.
|Notes:||"Published on the occasion of the exhibitions Go West! Art of the American Frontier from the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, High Museum of Art, Atlanta, Georgia, November 3, 2013-April 13, 2014, Today's West! Contemporary Art from the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, Booth Western Art Museum, Cartersville, Georgia, October 24, 2013-April 13, 2014."|
|Description:||174 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 27 x 32 cm|
|Contents:||Go West! Forging the image of the American frontier: art of the West before 1900 / Stephanie Mayer Heydt --
End of the frontier and the birth of nostalgia: art of the Old West after 1900 / Mindy N. Besaw --
Native art and a sense of place in the Great Plains / Emma I. Hansen.
|Responsibility:||essays by Stephanie Mayer Heydt, Mindy N. Besaw, Emma I. Hansen ; foreword by Peter H. Hassrick ; with contributions by Emily Burns, Maggie M. Cao, Seth Hopkins, Stephanie Fox Knappe, Anne Marie Shriver, Rebecca West.|
"Here's a catalog you'll want to own. It's clearly organized and handsomely illustrated . . . Succinct, scholarly essays . . . explore major themes in Western art and the enduring legacy of Plains
- Art, American -- West (U.S.) -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.
- Art, American -- West (U.S.) -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
- Indians of North America -- Material culture -- West (U.S.) -- Exhibitions.
- Firearms -- West (U.S.) -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.
- Firearms -- West (U.S.) -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
- Art -- Wyoming -- Cody -- Exhibitions.
- Buffalo Bill Center of the West -- Exhibitions.
- ART / History / Modern (late 19th Century to 1945).
- HISTORY / United States / 19th Century.
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Historical.
- ART / Collections, Catalogs, Exhibitions / Permanent Collections.
- Buffalo Bill Historical Center.
- Wilder Westen.