도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|자료 유형:||인터넷 자료|
|문서 형식:||책, 인터넷 자원|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
|ISBN:||0415946689 9780415946681 0415946697 9780415946698|
|설명:||XIII, 359 S ; 24 cm|
|내용:||Acknowledgements Introduction: The Making of Culture, Identity, and Ethnicity among Asian American Youth Min Zhou and Jennifer Lee Part 1: Population Dynamics and Diverse Contexts of Growing Up American 1. Coming of Age at the Turn of the 21st Century: A demographic profile of Asian American youth Min Zhou 2. Intermarriage and Multiracial Identification: The Asian American experience and implications for changing color lines Jennifer Lee and Frank D. Bean Part 2: Historical Patterns of Cultural Practices among Asian American Youth 3. Rizal Day Queen Contests, Filipino Nationalism, and Femininity Arleen de Vera 4. Nisei Daughters' Courtship and Romance in Los Angeles before World War II Valerie J. Matsumoto 5. Hell's A Poppin': Asian American women's youth consumer culture Shirley Jennifer Lim 6. Shifting Ethnic Identity and Consciousness: US-born Chinese American youth in the 1930s and 1950s Gloria Heyung Chun Part 3: Emerging Youth Cultural Forms and Practices 7. Instant Karma: The commercialization of Asian Indian culture Sabeen Sandhu 8. Transnational Cultural Practices of Chinese Immigrant Youth and Parachute Kids Christy Chiang-Hom 9. Reinventing the Wheel: Import car racing in Southern California Victoria Namkung 10. 'No Lattes Here': Asian American youth and the cyber cafe obsession Linda Trinh Vo and Mary Yu Danico 11. Filipinotown and the DJ Scene: Cultural expression and identity affirmation of Filipino American youth in Los Angeles Lakandiwa M. de Leon 12. A Shortcut to the American Dream? Vietnamese youth gangs in Little Saigon James Diego Vigil, Steve C. Yun and Jesse Cheng 13. Lost in the Fray: Cambodian American youth in Providence, Rhode Island Sody Lay Part 4: Negotiating and Affirming Identity, Space and Choice 14. Made in the USA: Second generation Korean American evangelicals Rebecca Y. Kim 15. Performing Race, Negotiating Identity: Asian American professional actors in Hollywood Nancy Wang Yuen 16. Searching for Home: Voices of gay Asian American youth in West Hollywood Mark Tristan Ng 17. Marriage Dilemmas: Partner choices and constraints for Korean Americans in New York City Sara S. Lee 18. A Commentary on Young Asian American Activists from the 1960s to the Present William Wei Conclusion: Reflections, thoughts, and directions for future research Jennifer Lee and Min Zhou Bibliography List of Contributors Index|
|책임:||ed. by Jennifer Lee ...|
|더 많은 정보:|
"The Asian American population of the United States has grown exponentially over the last couple of decades. Yet the state of scholarly and popular knowledge of the Asian American experience remains
- Asian American youth -- Social conditions.
- Asian American youth -- Social life and customs.
- Asian Americans -- Ethnic identity.
- Asian Americans -- Race identity.
- Subculture -- United States.
- United States -- Ethnic relations.
- United States -- Race relations.
- United States -- Social life and customs -- 1971-
- aaAsian American youth axSocial conditions.
- aaAsian American youth axSocial life and customs.
- aaAsian Americans axEthnic identity.
- aaAsian Americans axRace identity.
- aaSubculture azUnited States.
- Soziale Situation.
- Asian American youth -- Social conditions
- Asian American youth -- Social life and customs
- Asian Americans -- Ethnic identity
- Asian Americans -- Race identity
- Asiatischer Jugendlicher ; SWD-ID: 48168592
- Soziale Situation ; SWD-ID: 40775756
- Subculture -- United States
- USA ; SWD-ID: 40787047
- United States -- Ethnic relations
- United States -- Race relations