Literary collections Exhibitions
|提及的人：||Pascal Pia; Pascal Pia; Pascal Pia|
|所有的著者/提供者：||W.T. Bandy Center for Baudelaire and Modern French Studies.; Jean and Alexander Heard Library.|
|语言注释：||Text mainly in English with displays of material in French.|
|注意：||Title from home page (viewed Dec. 14, 2005).
|详述：||Mode of access: World Wide Web.|
|内容：||Pascal Pia, His Friends,and His Circle of Influence --
The Avant-Garde Before World War I --
The Avant-Garde Between the Wars --
Literature in Politics, War, and Revolution --
The French Avant-Garde and American Writers --
Glimpses of Paris 1900-1970.
The W.T. Bandy Center for Baudelaire and Modern French Studies offers this exhibition as a means of providing a glimpse of the rich holdings within the Pascal Pia Collection at the Jean and Alexander Heard Library, Vanderbilt University. At the same time, the exhibition provides an overview of the literary and artistic avant-garde in twentieth-century Paris by means of a selection of examples of rare manuscripts, books, periodicals, and other documents. Above all, these examples demonstrate the role of Paris as a center of experimentation in literature and the arts and the variety of its cultural life.
- Pia, Pascal -- Library -- Exhibitions.
- Pia, Pascal -- Exhibitions.
- Pia, Pascal -- Friends and associates -- Exhibitions.
- French literature -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
- Paris (France) -- Intellectual life -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
- Jean and Alexander Heard Library -- Literary collections -- Exhibitions.