Þorsteinn Helgason.; Seylan Film Production (Firm); National Film Network.
|語言註釋：||English narration and interviews in Icelandic, German, Faroese, Gaelic, Dutch and Spanish with English subtitles.|
|注意：||This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
Produced in 2002.
|餘額：||Producer, Hjalmtyr Heiddal ; director of photography, Gudmundur Bjartmarsson ; music, Sverrir Gudjonsson.|
|表演者：||Narrator, Neil MacMahon.|
|描述：||1 videodisc (52 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.|
|責任：||Seylan ; writer/director, Thorsteinn Helgason.|
"While Europe was busily engaged in internal strife in the early 17th century, bands of seasoned pirates and soldiers from North Africa launched their ships and set sail under an Islamic flag on a long voyage northwards. Sailing past the coasts of Western Europe, they headed for the Atlantic islands of Ireland, the Faeroe Islands and Iceland. Attacking and pillaging unsuspecting communities, the raiders made off with anything of value, as well as taking prisoners whom they sold into slavery and demanded ransom for their release. Many of the prisoners were converted to Islam, but a fair number would in time regain their freedom and manage with great hardship to find their way back to their homelands"--Container.
- Slavery -- Africa, North -- History -- 17th century.
- Icelanders -- Africa, North -- History -- 17th century.
- Faroese (Germanic people) -- Africa, North -- History -- 17th century.
- Irish -- Africa, North -- History -- 17th century.
- Piracy -- Iceland -- History.
- Piracy -- Faroe Islands -- History.
- Piracy -- Ireland -- Baltimore -- History.
- Piracy -- Ireland -- History.
- Pirates -- Africa, North -- History -- 17th century.
- Muslim converts from Christianity -- Africa, North.
- Faroese (Germanic people)
- Muslim converts from Christianity.
- Africa, North.
- Faroe Islands.
- Ireland -- Baltimore.
- African Film Collection at Indiana University-Bloomington(431 資料)
由 AfricanStudiesCollectionIULibrary 已更新 2015-01-21