Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Candace Newmaker; Candace Newmaker; Candace Newmaker; Candace Newmaker|
|Material Type:||Biography, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Jean Mercer; Larry Sarner; Linda Rosa
|Description:||viii, 259 pages ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Series foreword / Hiram E. Fitzgerald, Susanne Ayres Denham --
Introduction: Attachment therapy and its victims --
Case of Candace Newmaker. Candace's adoption and death : how a second chance became the last chance --
Backstory : people and systems behind Candace's death --
Candace's treatment : what they did and why they did it --
Facts behind Candace's case : realities of emotional development and childhood mental illness. Some facts about normal emotional development (and what the attachment therapists believed) --
When emotional life goes wrong : some facts about childhood mental illness versus the attachment therapists' beliefs --
Better treatment for Candace : how trained psychotherapists would have approached this case / Gerard Costa --
Preventing more cases like Candace's : problems and some possible solutions. Science and psychotherapy : is there evidence that attachment therapy is a valid treatment? --
Deceivers and the deceived : factors that made attachment therapy acceptable to parents and to practitioners --
Law and the child : how our legal system affected Candace Newmaker's life and death --
Lawsuits and legislation : where do we go from here? --
Bibliography of materials relevant to attachment therapy.
|Series Title:||Child psychology and mental health.|
|Responsibility:||Jean Mercer, Larry Sarner, and Linda Rosa ; with a chapter by Gerard Costa.|
- Newmaker, Candace, -- 1990?-2000 -- Mental health.
- Newmaker, Candace, -- 1990?-2000 -- Death and burial.
- Attachment disorder in children -- Treatment -- United States -- Case studies.
- Social workers -- Malpractice -- United States.
- Newmaker, Candace, -- 1990?-2000.
- Child Behavior Disorders -- therapy -- United States.
- Complementary Therapies -- legislation & jurisprudence -- United States.
- Malpractice -- United States.
- Psychotherapy -- legislation & jurisprudence -- United States.
- Psychotherapy -- methods -- United States.
- Newmaker, Candace.