Large type books
|提及的人：||Peter Wimsey, Lord (Fictitious character); Peter Wimsey, Lord (Fictitious character)|
Jill Paton Walsh
|描述：||382 pages (large print) ; 23 cm|
|責任：||Jill Paton Walsh.|
It was 1921 when Lord Peter Wimsey first encountered the Attenbury Emeralds. The recovery of the gems in Lord Attenbury's dazzling heirloom collection made headlines -- and launched a shell-shocked young aristocrat on his career as a detective. Thirty years later, a happily married Lord Peter has just shared the secrets of that mystery with his wife, the detective novelist Harriet Vane. Suddenly, the new Lord Attenbury -- grandson of Lord Peter's first client -- seeks his help to prove who owns the emeralds. Harriet and Peter contemplate the changes that the war has wrought on English society -- and Peter, who always cherished the liberties of a younger son, faces the unwanted prospect of ending up the Duke of Denver after all.
- Wimsey, Peter, -- Lord (Fictitious character), -- 1890- -- Fiction.
- Wimsey, Peter, -- Lord (Fictitious character), -- 1890-
- Vane, Harriet (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Aristocracy (Social class) -- England -- Fiction.
- Private investigators -- England -- Fiction.
- Emeralds -- Fiction.
- Large type books.
- Aristocracy (Social class)
- Private investigators.
- Vane, Harriet (Fictitious character)