Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||xiv, 449 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations (some color), facsimiles, portraits ; 26 cm|
|Contents:||1. Old and new faces in a colonial society: 1860s to 1870s --
2. Taking further shape: 1860s to 1870s --
3. One hundred years complete: 1880s --
4. The last colonial decade: 1890s --
5. Seeking federation, and having it: late 1890s to 1914 --
6. The Great War: onset and the early gambits --
7. War and peace: from France and Flanders to the peace.
|Other Titles:||From Eureka to the Diggers|
'Keneally evokes these distant lives with concrete detail and vivid sympathy... his people inhabit the same world we do - we meet them without the hesitation of reaching across voids of space and