Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||Democratic Party (N.Y.)|
|Notes:||Anti-Whig broadside describing the interior of the Whig log cabin on Broadway and accusing the Whig party of promoting drunkeness.
Text in two columns divided by double rule.
Wood engraving beneath caption title, measuring 17.8 x 24.3 cm., showing the interior of the 14th Ward Tippecanoe Club log cabin headquarters, with bar running the length of the far wall surmounted by signs reading "Irish whiskey," "Harrison julep," "North Bend sherry coblers," "Tyler punch," "hard cider," etc.; figure of a raccoon visible among the rafters; bench and caged eagle in foreground.
N-YHS copies: fabric lining.
|Description:||1 sheet ( pages) : illustrations ; 56 x 41 cm|
- Whig Party (N.Y.)
- 14th Ward Tippecanoe Club (New York, N.Y.)
- Drinking of alcoholic beverages -- Political aspects -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Political clubs -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1840.
- Temperance -- New York (State) -- New York.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Politics and government -- To 1898.
- New York (State) -- Politics and government -- 1775-1865.