|提及的人：||Robert B Mantell; William Jefferson Winter; William Winter; Gertrude B Weed; Raphael A Weed; William Winter; William Shakespeare; William Shakespeare; Macbeth, King of Scotland; William Winter; William Shakespeare|
Robert B Mantell; Gertrude B Weed; Raphael A Weed; William Jefferson Winter
|注意：||Bifolia. Written on letterhead of Hotel Multnoman, Portland, Oregon. Includes addressed envelope. Letter sent to 46 Third Avenue, New Brighton, Staten Island, New York. Envelope includes a memo written by Jefferson Winter describing Mantell's visit to his father's death bed.|
|描述：||1 item ; 18 x 14 cm.|
Has met Winter's sister and her family in Los Angeles. He often thinks of Winter's father in times of sorrow and trouble. The last two weeks' performances in San Francisco were packed. Mantell doesn't think that he will play N.Y. this season but will play Philadelphia and Boston. He includes a letter which he thinks will interest the "Good Old Man." The letter enclosed is a fan letter to Mantell from Gertrude B. Weed and Raphael A. Weed, which includes a drawing of Winter (Sr.?) placing a laurel wreath on the head of Macbeth as a haloed William Shakespeare looks approvingly on. Also includes a note signed by J. Winter refuting a claim about Robert Mantell made in a newpaper clipping pasted to the front of the letter.
- Mantell, Robert B. -- (Robert Bruce), -- 1854-1928 -- Correspondence -- Manuscripts.
- Winter, William Jefferson, -- 1878-1929 -- Correspondence -- Manuscripts.
- Winter, William, -- 1836-1917 -- Manuscripts.
- Weed, Gertrude B., -- active 1912 -- Correspondence -- Manuscripts.
- Weed, Raphael A., -- active 1912 -- Correspondence -- Manuscripts.
- Winter, William, -- 1836-1917 -- Death and burial -- Manuscripts.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616. -- Macbeth -- Manuscripts.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616 -- Characters -- Macbeth,
- Macbeth, -- King of Scotland, -- active 11th century -- In literature,
- Winter, William, -- 1836-1917,
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616,