Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Named Person:||W J Rolfe; John N Cobb; William Shakespeare; S Austin Allibone; William Thomas Lowndes; Horace Howard Furness|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
W J Rolfe; John N Cobb
|Description:||1 leaf ; 22 x 13 cm.|
This letter is written on the back of and is a response to a typescript letter from John N. Cobb to Rolfe dated December 8, 1893. Rolfe responds to Cobb's request for a list of works relating to Shakespeare and his writings by admitting that Dr. H.H. Furness could give better information on this point. However, he also mentions that the catalog of the Boston Collection in the Boston Public Library, Allibone's Dictionary of authors, and an extension of Lowndes Bibliographical manual all have good lists.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Rolfe, W. J. -- (William James), -- 1827-1910 -- Correspondence -- Manuscripts.
- Cobb, John N., -- active 1893 -- Correspondence -- Manuscripts.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616 -- Bibliography -- Manuscripts.
- Allibone, S. Austin -- (Samuel Austin), -- 1816-1889. -- Critical dictionary of English literature and British and American authors -- Manuscripts.
- Lowndes, William Thomas, -- 1798?-1843. -- Bibliographer's manual of English literature -- Manuscripts.
- Furness, Horace Howard, -- 1833-1912 -- Manuscripts.