|提及的人：||W J Rolfe; A H Dooley; Elizabeth Barrett Browning; Dante Gabriel Rossetti; William Shakespeare; Alfred Tennyson Tennyson, Baron; William Wordsworth|
W J Rolfe; A H Dooley; Harper & Brothers.
|注意：||Letters include addressed envelopes. Sent from Cambridge and Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts to Indianapolis and Terre Haute, Indiana and Excelsior Springs, Missouri.|
|描述：||4 items ; 75 mm x 130 cm to 24 x 16 cm.|
(1) Dated December 5, 1876; Rolfe lists some of the various Shakespeare works he has edited and lists the authors he would like to edit. (2) Written on letterhead for Martha's Vineyard Summer Institute, dated April 17, 1884; Regarding the "Avon" Shakespeare, the "Rossetti" edition, and Dyce's second edition. (3) Dated March 31, 1899; Rolfe states that the Camberwell edition of Browning is the best. Includes printed advertisements for Rolfe's Shakespeare the boy and Rolfe's Shakespeare play editions, published by Harper & Brothers, New York. (4) Postcard December 6 [no year]; Rolfe says that he believes that Wordsworth and Tennyson will come to be recognized as the two great poets of the nineteenth century.
- Rolfe, W. J. -- (William James), -- 1827-1910 -- Correspondence -- Manuscripts.
- Dooley, A. H., -- active 1876-1899 -- Correspondence -- Manuscripts.
- Browning, Elizabeth Barrett, -- 1806-1861 -- Manuscripts.
- Rossetti, Dante Gabriel, -- 1828-1882 -- Manuscripts.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616. -- Plays -- Criticism, Textual -- Manuscripts.
- Tennyson, Alfred Tennyson, -- Baron, -- 1809-1892 -- Manuscripts.
- Wordsworth, William, -- 1770-1850 -- Manuscripts.