|描述：||347 p. ; 25 cm.|
Alex-Li Tandem sells autographs. A small blip in a huge worldwide network of desire, his business is to hunt for names on paper, collect them, sell them, and occasionally fake them, all to give the people what they want: a little piece of Fame. But what does Alex want? Only the return of his father, the reinstatement of some kind of all-powerful, benevolent God-type figure, the end of religion, something for his headache, three different girls, infinite grace, and the rare autograph of forties movie actress Kitty Alexander. With fries.
- Autographs -- Collectors and collecting -- Fiction.
- Jews -- England -- Fiction.
- Fathers and sons -- Fiction.
- England -- Fiction.
- Motion picture actors and actresses -- Fiction.
- Picaresque literature.
- Autographs -- Collectors and collecting.
- Fathers and sons.
- Motion picture actors and actresses.