Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Emmett Louis Till|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Judith Vecchione; Julian Bond
|Notes:||Originally produced as television programs in 1986.|
|Performer(s):||Narrator: Julian Bond.|
|Description:||2 episodes on 1 videocasette (ca. 60 min. each episode) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.|
|Series Title:||Eyes on the prize, v. 1.|
|Other Titles:||Awakenings, 1954-1956
Fighting back, 1957-1962
Eyes on the prize (Television program)
|Responsibility:||produced and directed by Judith Vecchione.|
"Fighting back" presents the history of the integration of public schools and universities in the South after the 1954 Supreme Court decision. The program identifies the national organizations involved in the struggle to integrate schools, describing the leaders and their strategies and how they affected the freedom struggle.
- Segregation -- Southern States -- History.
- Southern States -- Race relations -- History.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Southern States -- History.
- Till, Emmett Louis, -- 1941?-1955.
- Trials (Murder) -- Mississippi -- Money.
- Segregation in transportation -- Alabama -- Montgomery.
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Alabama -- Montgomery.
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference -- History.
- Segregation in education -- Southern States -- History.
- Segregation in higher education -- Southern States -- History.
- School integration -- Southern States -- History.
- Civil rights workers -- Southern States.
- Documentary television programs.
- Historical television programs.