Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); British Broadcasting Corporation.; WGBH Video (Firm)|
|ISBN:||1578071860 9781578071869 1578071747 9781578071746 1578071062 9781578071067 1578071720 9781578071722 1578071682 9781578071685 1578071739 9781578071739|
|Language Note:||Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.|
|Notes:||Originally broadcast on PBS as 5 segments of a 26-hour documentary titled: People's century.
Dates for no. 5: , c1997.
Series companion book issued separately.
|Cast:||Narrators: John Forsythe (no. 1-2), Alfre Woodard (no. 3-5).|
|Description:||5 videocassettes (approximately 58 min. each) : sound, color ; 1/2 in.|
|Contents:||[no. 1] Picture power, 1950-90 / written, produced and directed by James A. DeVinney --
[no. 2] Boomtime, 1947-60 / produced and directed by Sally Doganis --
[no. 3] Skin deep, 1948-94 / produced and directed by Marian Marzynski--
[no. 4] Young blood, 1950-73 / written, produced and directed by Mark J. Davis --
[no. 5] Half the people, 1950-95 / written, produced and directed by Anne Moir.
|Series Title:||History's best on PBS.|
|Other Titles:||Picture power.
Half the people.
People's century (Television program)
|Responsibility:||a co-production of WGBH Boston and BBC.|
- Baby boom generation.
- United States -- History -- 1945-
- Television broadcasting -- Social aspects.
- United States -- Economic conditions -- 1945-
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century.
- Blacks -- Civil rights -- South Africa.
- Youth movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Women's rights -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Films for the hearing impaired.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Blacks -- Civil rights.
- Economic history.
- Women's rights.
- Youth movements.
- South Africa.
- United States.