Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Buck Owens; Merle Haggard|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Scott Bomar; Randy Poe; Robert Price, (Journalist); Dwight Yoakam; Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum (Nashville, Tenn.),
|Notes:||"This publication was created by the staff of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum"--Title page verso.
"Published on the occasion of the exhibition The Bakersfield sound : Buck Owens, Merle Haggard, and California country, Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, opening March 2012."
Map on inside covers.
May include two postcards.
|Description:||95 pages : illustrations (some color), maps (some color) ; 28 cm|
|Contents:||Dim lights, thick smoke, and loud, loud music : the story of the Bakersfield sound / Scott B . Bomar --
From the back roads of Texas to the streets of Bakersfield : the musical journey of Buck Owens / Randy Poe --
Merle Haggard : his songs, his life, his legacy / Robert Price.
|Responsibility:||with essays by Scott B. Bomar, Randy Poe, and Robert Price ; introduction by Dwight Yoakam.|
- Owens, Buck, -- 1929-2006 -- Exhibitions.
- Haggard, Merle -- Exhibitions.
- Country music -- California -- Bakersfield -- History and criticism -- Exhibitions.
- Country music -- 1951-1960 -- History and criticism -- Exhibitions.
- Country music -- 1961-1970 -- History and criticism -- Exhibitions.