Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Michelle Louise Atkin
|Description:||x, 145 pages ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Information ethics in the post 9/11 period --
U.S.A. PATRIOT Act : a necessary tool in the war on terror? --
Warrantless surveillance : an extension of wartime powers? --
FISA modernization : mitigating legal liability --
Privacy rights and limits of government intrusion --
The future of privacy in post-9/11 America : conclusion.
|Series Title:||Security and professional intelligence education series, 16.|
|Responsibility:||Michelle Louise Atkin.|
Atkin's ethical study is a fine piece of academic work. Her guiding principle that politico-legal decisions should have a moral basis is no less crucial than the necessity of questioning, through
- Intelligence service -- Law and legislation -- United States -- History.
- Intelligence service -- Moral and ethical aspects -- United States -- History.
- National security -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- United States. -- Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism (USA PATRIOT ACT) Act of 2001.
- Terrorism -- Prevention -- Law and legislation -- United States.