William B Gould, IV.
|描述：||vii, 318 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.|
|内容：||The state of the game --
The post-World War II era : remembrances of baseball past --
The early years : the game and the law --
The 1994-95 baseball strike and the NLRB --
The financial aftermath of the mother of all strikes --
On-the-field changes : the players speak --
Cheating, drugs and other forms of problem behavior --
The growing problem of race in baseball --
Globalization and baseball.
|责任：||William B. Gould IV.|
"This study considers the full, 140-year sweep of labor-management relationships and conflict, exploring player-owner disputes, the development of free agency, the collective bargaining process, and the racial integration of baseball, among other topics. It concludes with a discussion of the "steroids era," the problem with maintaining Jackie Robinson's legacy in the 21st century, and globalization"--Provided by publisher.
- Baseball -- Economic aspects -- United States.
- Discrimination in sports -- United States -- History.
- Baseball players -- Salaries, etc. -- United States.
- Free agents (Sports) -- United States.
- Professional sports contracts -- United States.
- Professional sports -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Collective bargaining -- Sports -- United States.