Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Mary Jane Doerr; Philip P Mason
|Description:||207 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 29 cm|
|Responsibility:||by Mary Jane Doerr ; foreward [i.e. foreword] by Dr. Philip P. Mason.|
WorldCat User Reviews (3)
A Brief View of Bay View
I have been a Michigan historian for over 35 years, but I learned many new things about the Little Traverse Bay region and the Wolverine State while reading this book. A fine contribution to the literature chronicling cultural events in the northern Lower Peninsula between the 1880s and, approximately,...
- 6 of 7 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
New perspective on Bay View
Bay View is a National Historic Landmark on Little Traverse Bay in northwest Michigan. It was founded in 1875 as a Methodist...
- 3 of 15 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
Winner - 2011 State History Award
Winner - 2011 State History Award - Michigan
Bay View, An American Idea is the winner of the 2011 State History Award from the Historical Society of Michigan in the catagory of Independent Publications. This award recognizes the importance of the extensive...
- 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Bay View (Mich.) -- History.
- Little Traverse Bay (Mich.) -- History.
- Summer resorts -- Michigan -- Bay View.
- Camp meetings -- Michigan -- Bay View.
- Chautauquas -- Michigan -- Bay View.
- Camp meetings.
- Summer resorts.
- Lake Michigan -- Little Traverse Bay.
- Michigan -- Bay View.