Becoming Jane Austen.
London ; New York : Hambledon and London, 2003
|提及的人：||Jane Austen; Thomas Langlois Lefroy; Jane Austen; Jane Austen; Eliza De Feuillide; Jane Austen; Jane Austen|
|描述：||xiv, 294 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.|
"Becoming Jane Austen shows how Jane Austen's own personal experiences resonated throughout her work, from her juvenilia to Sanditon. Two people, above all, affected her life and caught her imagination. The first was her flirtatious and exotic cousin, Eliza de Feullide, married to a French count who was later guillotined. The second was the young Irish lawyer, Tom Lefroy, with whom Jane fell in love and whom she hoped to marry. Jon Spence traces the deep emotional impact that her encounters with Eliza and Tom had on her, and shows how she worked this out in her life and in her work, including in her major novels." --Book Jacket.
- Austen, Jane, -- 1775-1817.
- Lefroy, Thomas Langlois, -- 1776-1869 -- Relations with women.
- Women and literature -- England -- History -- 19th century.
- Austen, Jane, -- 1775-1817 -- Relations with men.
- Novelists, English -- 19th century -- Biography.
- Austen, Jane, -- 1775-1817 -- Family.
- De Feuillide, Eliza.
- Romancières anglaises -- 19e siècle -- Biographies.
- Romanciers anglais -- 19e siècle -- Biographies.
- Austen, Jane.