Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Behavioral health in primary care.
Madison, Conn. : Psychosocial Press, ©1997
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Nicholas A Cummings; Janet L Cummings; John N Johnson; Neil J Baker
|Description:||xxvii, 459 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||Foreword / John N. Johnson --
1. Behavioral Health in Primary Care: Dollars and Sense / Nicholas A. Cummings --
2. Pioneering Integrated Systems: Lessons Learned, Forgotten, and Relearned / Nicholas A. Cummings --
3. Building Primary Care Behavioral Health Systems that Work: A Compass and a Horizon / Kirk Strosahl --
4. Integration of Behavioral Health and Primary Care Services: The Group Health Cooperative Model / Kirk Strosahl, Neil J. Baker and Mick Braddick [and others] --
5. The Emergence of New Possibilities for Medical Practice, and the Relation to Environmental Change / Matthew A. Budd --
6. Integration: A Case for Putting Humpty Dumpty Together Again / Jaylene Kent and Malcolm Gordon --
7. Evolving an Integration Model: The HealthCare Partners Experience / James D. Slay, Jr. and Caroline McLeod --
8. Is the Integration of Behavioral Health Into Primary Care Worth the Effort? A Review of the Evidence / Gregory E. Simon and Michael VonKorff --
9. Training the Primary Care Physician for the Integrated Behavioral Health/Primary Care System of the Future / Steven Cole, James H. Gordon and Stephen M. Saravay [and others] --
10. Acceptance and Commitment: A Model for Integration / Patricia Robinson and Steven C. Hayes --
11. Life Skills Training to Ameliorate the Impact of Psychosocial Factors on the Development and Course of Medical Illness / Redford B. Williams and Virginia P. Williams --
12. The Lilly Family Depression Project: Primary Care Prevention in Action / Simon H. Budman and Stephen F. Butler --
13. Health Care Informatics: Its Role in Behavioral Health's Successful Integration into Primary Care and the Larger Health Care System / H. Edmund Pigott, Bruce Meltzer and Deborah L. Heggie --
14. The Effect of Capitation Paradigms on Collaboration between Primary Care and Behavioral Health Providers / Jeremy Kisch --
15. Collaboration in Action: Key Strategies for Behavioral Health Providers / William B. Gunn, Jr., David Seaburn and Alan Lorenz [et al.] --
16. Partnerships with Primary Care Physicians: Reinventing Gatekeeper Relationships / James R. Moon --
17. The Behavioral Health Practitioner of the Future: The Efficacy of Psychoeducational Programs in Integrated Primary Care / Nicholas A. Cummings and Janet L. Cummings --
18. Holistic and Alternative Medicine: Separating the Wheat from the Chaff / Janet L. Cummings and Nicholas A. Cummings --
19. A Primary Care Physician's Experience with Integrated Behavioral Health Care: What Difference Has it Made? / Steven F. Lucas and C.J. Peek.
|Responsibility:||editors, Nicholas A. Cummings, Janet L. Cummings, John N. Johnson ; contributors, Neil J. Baker [and others].|
- Mental health services -- United States.
- Integrated delivery of health care -- United States.
- Primary Health Care -- organization & administration.
- Behavioral Medicine -- organization & administration.
- Delivery of Health Care, Integrated -- methods.
- United States.
- Integrated delivery of health care.
- Mental health services.