Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Personal narratives Congresses
|Material Type:||Conference publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||0714647675 9780714647678 0714643238 9780714643236|
|Notes:||Originally published: 1997.
"This volume grew out of a conference on 'The liberation of Belsen' held in London on 9-10 April 1995."
|Description:||248 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm|
|Contents:||ZACHOR - "The essays in thsi collection are extremely weell written and provide the perspectives of scholars, and of the survivors and liberators themselves. Aas the collection"s title suggests, Belsen has a placcee in both"History and Memory" and correspondingly, it should find prominence in all Holocaust libraries." Jewish Book World - "I cannot say enough positive things about the essays...the book is a most useful one and is recommended for inclusion in any Holocaust studies course on an advanced high school or college level." Journal of Royal Army Medical Corp & Army Medical Services Magazine - "...it is well written and supported by excellent references, notes and sources of further reading...This is recommended reading for the historian and general reader alike.|
|Responsibility:||edited by Jo Reilly [and others].|
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Congresses.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Personal narratives -- Congresses.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German -- Congresses.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Liberation -- Germany -- Congresses.
- Bergen-Belsen (Concentration camp) -- Congresses.