Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Benjamin E Mays; Benjamin E Mays|
|Material Type:||Biography, Government publication, State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Randal Maurice Jelks
|Description:||xv, 327 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm|
|Contents:||Introduction : I have been a Baptist all my life --
My earliest memory was a mob --
I set out to learn how the sixty-six books of the Bible were produced --
In search of a call --
The Negro's God --
The most neglected area in Negro education --
Schoolmaster of the movement --
Seeking to be Christian in race relations --
I have only just a minute --
This is not a short war, this is a long war --
Epilogue : Lord, the people have driven me on.
|Responsibility:||Randal Maurice Jelks.|
Jelks should be applauded for depicting twentieth-century race relations through the eyes of Benjamin Elijah Mays. . .[In doing so] he provides readers with a new perspective on the fight for civil
- Mays, Benjamin E. -- (Benjamin Elijah), -- 1894-1984.
- Morehouse College (Atlanta, Ga.) -- Presidents -- Biography.
- African American educators -- Biography.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Morehouse College (Atlanta, Ga.)
- African American educators.
User lists with this item (5)
- Newly Acquired Library Resources 2012 p.2(117 items)
by bevdchar updated 2015-10-06
- March All(170 items)
by jwaterhouse updated 2014-03-26
- New Books December 2013(369 items)
by BrookensLibrary updated 2014-03-04
- New Books March 2013 (125 items)
by BrookensLibrary updated 2013-04-19
- Things to Check Out(2 items)
by hoagb updated 2012-08-22