Zoeken naar een in de bibliotheek beschikbaar exemplaar
Bibliotheken met dit item worden gezocht…
|Genoemd persoon:||Benjamin Franklin Fisher; Clarence Gohdes; Jay B Hubbell; David Kelly Jackson; Arlin Turner; Richard Kopley; Edgar Allan Poe; Edgar Allan Poe; Burton Ralph Pollin; Alexander Grant Rose; Alexander Grant Rose; Gary Richard Thompson|
|Alle auteurs / medewerkers:||
Benjamin Franklin Fisher; Jay B. Hubbell Center for American Literary Historiography.
|Opmerkingen:||Cataloged from inventory.|
|Beschrijving:||1006 items (1.6 lin. ft.)|
Correspondence Series, 1963-2001 (bulk 1967-2001) consists of letters between Fisher and other scholars of American literature. Much of the correspondence mingles professional exchanges with personal inquiries and salutations. Included are many of the prominent names in Poe scholarship, including Richard Benton, David K. Jackson, Burton Pollin, Richard Kopley, Alexander G. Rose, and G.R. "Dick" Thompson. Also contains Fisher's correspondence with Duke faculty members Arlin Turner, Clarence Gohdes, and Jay B. Hubbell, beginning in Fisher's graduate student years and continuing until their deaths. Much of Fisher's correspondence includes manuscript evaluations for colleagues and publishers or editors. Also included are Fisher's files regarding conferences, especially records of the Edgar Allan Poe Society's Annual Speakers Series. Print-outs of electronic mail comprise much of the correspondence from 1999 to 2001.
The Printed Material Series, 1978-1982 includes a copy of the April/June 1978 issue of SERIALS REVIEW, which features a history of AMERICAN LITERATURE, a journal published at Duke. Tributes to Arlin Turner can be found in the 1981 issue of SOUTH ATLANTIC QUARTERLY and in the first of two volumes of UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI STUDIES IN ENGLISH (USME). The first volume of USME also contains Fisher's review of Turner's 1980 book NATHANIEL HAWTHORNE: A BIOGRAPHY. Volume 3 (1982) of the UMSE is entitled "Poe-purri," and includes Fisher's essay "A Ten-Year Shelf of Poe Books." This series also includes two 1982 Edgar Allan Poe Society publications written by Alexander Rose. The first volume, HISTORY OF THE EDGAR ALLAN POE SOCIETY, is largely in narrative form. It is accompanied by a second volume of minutes and annual reports from which the history was drawn.
- Fisher, Benjamin Franklin.
- Gohdes, Clarence, -- 1901-1997.
- Hubbell, Jay B. -- (Jay Broadus), -- 1885-1979.
- Jackson, David Kelly.
- Turner, Arlin.
- Kopley, Richard.
- Poe, Edgar Allan, -- 1809-1849.
- Poe, Edgar Allan, -- 1809-1849 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Pollin, Burton Ralph.
- Rose, Alexander Grant, -- 1913-
- Rose, Alexander Grant, -- 1913- -- History of the Edgar Allan Poe Society of Baltimore, 1923-1982.
- Thompson, Gary Richard, -- 1937-
- Duke University -- Alumni and alumnae.
- University of Mississippi -- Faculty.
- University of Mississippi. -- Department of English.
- Edgar Allan Poe Society of Baltimore (Md.)
- Poe Studies Association (U.S.)
- University of Mississippi studies in English.
- American literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
- American literature -- History and criticism -- Periodicals.
- College teachers -- Correspondence.
- Scholars -- Correspondence.