Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Biography Juvenile literature
|Named Person:||Benny Goodman; Teddy Wilson; Benny Goodman; Teddy Wilson; Benny Goodman; Teddy Wilson|
|Material Type:||Biography, Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Lesa Cline-Ransome; James Ransome
|Description:||1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 24 x 29 cm.|
|Responsibility:||by Lesa Cline-Ransome ; illustrated by James E. Ransome.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Benny Goodman and Teddy Wilson
This is the story of two jazz greats, one caucasian and one African American, who came together and became the first black and white jazz band in history. There is an interesting twist in how the story is written - it is woven through sounds of life around them. It is historical in nature and gives...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Goodman, Benny, -- 1909-1986 -- Juvenile literature.
- Wilson, Teddy, -- 1912-1986 -- Juvenile literature.
- Jazz musicians -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Race relations -- History -- 20th century -- Juvenile literature.
- Goodman, Benny, -- 1909-1986.
- Wilson, Teddy, -- 1912-1986.
- Jazz musicians -- United States -- Biography.
- Race relations -- History -- 20th century.
- Jazz musicians.
- Race relations.
- United States.