Best actors in the world.
Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2002
|提及的人：||William Shakespeare; William Kemp; William Shakespeare; William Shakespeare; William Shakespeare; William Shakespeare|
|ISBN:||0313012741 9780313012747 0313320888 9780313320880|
|复制注解：||Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010. MiAaHDL|
|描述：||1 online resource (xv, 299 p.)|
|详述：||Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002.|
|内容：||From Cross Keys to the theatre, 1594-97 --
Crisis years, 1597-98 --
Globe and Kemp's exit, 1599-1600 --
Life without Kemp, 1600-03 --
King's Men, 1603-06 --
Replacing Shakespeare, 1607-10 --
Shakespeare bows out, 1610-13 --
Appendix A: Doubling roles --
Appendix B: Charts --
Chart A: Timeline of productions for Shakespeare's Company --
Chart B: Probable casting of Chamberlain's men plays.
|丛书名：||Contributions in drama and theatre studies, no. 97.|
"The first book-length study of its kind, this volume investigates Shakespeare as a member of his acting company, dating and casting all the plays they presented from 1594 to 1614, and exploring the effects of actors in his writing." "Grote describes the company's reorganization as the King's Men, which led to the writing of Shakespeare's great tragedies, as well as the trials of the plague years, Shakespeare's retirement from the stage, the development of writers to replace him, and the burning of the Globe." "Much has been written about Shakespeare and a great deal is known about the Elizabethan theater. Yet little has been done to examine Shakespeare in relation to his acting company. This book casts light on Shakespeare's life in drama and the creation and staging of his plays. More precisely than any other work, it establishes the dates for his company's productions, exploring the varied and profound influences actors had on the works of Renaissance dramatists, and giving us a unique look at the man who knew his actors best of all."--Jacket.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616 -- Stage history -- To 1625.
- Kemp, William, -- active 1600.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616 -- Stage history -- England.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616 -- Friends and associates.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616 -- Relations with actors.
- Chamberlain's Men (Theater company)
- King's Men (Theater company)
- Theatrical companies -- England -- History -- 16th century.
- Theatrical companies -- England -- History -- 17th century.
- Acting -- History -- 16th century.
- Acting -- History -- 17th century.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616 -- Stage history -- Friends and associates.
- PERFORMING ARTS -- Theater -- History & Criticism.
- Electronic books