Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
McLendon, William W.
Bettering the health of the people.
Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Library : In association with the Medical Foundation of North Carolina : Distributed by the University of North Carolina Press, ©2007
|Named Person:||W Reece Berryhill; W Reece Berryhill; Norma Berryhill; W Reece Berryhill; Walter Reece Berryhill|
|Material Type:||Biography, Government publication, State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William W McLendon; Floyd W Denny; William B Blythe; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Library.; Medical Foundation of North Carolina.
|Description:||xii, 477 pages : illustrations, maps ; 27 cm|
|Contents:||A childhood in the rural South --
Undergraduate, teacher, and medical student --
Harvard, UNC, and Western Reserve --
University physician and medical school faculty member --
Dean of the two-year school of medicine --
The Poe commission, the Sanger report, and the Good Health movement --
Building and recruiting --
Dean of the four-year school of medicine --
Community medical education and the final years.
|Responsibility:||William W. McLendon, Floyd W. Denny, Jr., William B. Blythe.|
Makes an interesting contribution to the growing scholarship on southern medical history.--"The Journal of Southern History"
- Berryhill, W. Reece -- (Walter Reece), -- 1900-1979.
- Physicians -- North Carolina -- Biography.
- Medical teaching personnel -- North Carolina -- Biography.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. -- School of Medicine -- History.
- Berryhill, Norma.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- School of Medicine.
- Faculty, Medical.
- Faculty, Medical -- history.
- History, 20th Century.
- Hospitals, University -- history.
- Public Health -- history.
- Schools, Medical -- history.
- North Carolina.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. -- School of Medicine.
- Medical teaching personnel.
- School of Medicine
- Berryhill, Walter Reece.
- Chapel Hill (N.C.) -- School of Medicine.