Personal narratives, American
|提及的人：||Richard D Winters; Richard D Winters; Richard D Winters|
|材料类型：||传记, 文献, 有声书，等, 互联网资源|
|文件类型：||互联网资源, 计算机文档, 音响资料|
Richard D Winters; Cole C Kingseed; Tom Weiner
|注意：||Downloadable audio file.
Title from: Title details screen.
|演员：||Read by Tom Weiner.|
|详述：||Requires OverDrive Media Console (WMA file size: 142547 KB; MP3 file size: 279387 KB).; Mode of access: World Wide Web.|
|责任：||Dick Winters with Cole C. Kingseed.|
In war, great commanders lead soldiers into hell to do the impossible. They were called Easy Company--but their mission was never easy. Immortalized as the Band of Brothers, they suffered 150 percent casualties while liberating Europe, an unparalleled record of bravery under fire. Dick Winters was their commander, "the best combat leader in World War II" to his men. This is his story, told in his own words for the first time. On D-Day, Dick Winters parachuted into France and assumed leadership of the Band of Brothers when their commander was killed. He led them through the Battle of the Bulge, the attack on Foy--where Easy Company reached its breaking point--and into Germany, by which time each member had been wounded. Neither a protest against war nor a glamorization of combat, this is a moving tribute to the human spirit by a man who earned the love and respect of the men of Easy Company and the adulation of new generations worldwide.
- Winters, Richard D.
- United States. -- Army. -- Parachute Infantry Regiment, 506th. -- Company E -- History.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Western Front.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American.
- United States. -- Army -- Biography.
- Soldiers -- United States -- Biography.
- United States. -- Army.
- United States. -- Army. -- Parachute Infantry Regiment, 506th. -- Company E.
- Military campaigns.
- Military operations, Aerial -- American.
- United States.
- Western Front (World War (1914-1918))