Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Frank Coffield; Cristina Costa
|Description:||xi, 186 pages ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||1. Beyond bulimic learning / Frank Coffield --
2. If there is no such thing as 'best practice', how can we improve teaching? / Frank Coffield --
3. Stimulating thinking, creating challenge, extending learning / John Webber --
4. 'Facts alone are wanted in life.' The unwelcome return of Mr. Gradgrind / Frank Coffield --
5. 'Everyone is his own boss.' Current threats to educational attainment in German schools / Walter Müller --
6. Whip me with carrots: The role of motivation in education and training --
7. Teaching and learning in context ... with a little help from the web / Cristina Costa --
8. Harnessing the potential power of feedback / Frank Coffield --
9. Can we transform classrooms and colleges without transforming the role of the state? --
Coda. The Secretary of State for Education I would like / Frank Coffield.
|Responsibility:||Frank Coffield with Cristina Costa, Walter Müller, John Webber.|
"I highly recommend this riveting book as an informed source of wisdom for educator nourishment, practice improvement, dissent, and professional development."--Lynne Sedgmore CBE, Executive Director
- Education -- Aims and objectives -- Great Britain.
- Effective teaching -- Great Britain.
- Teacher effectiveness -- Great Britain.
- Motivation in education -- Great Britain.
- Effective teaching.
- Motivation in education.
- Education -- Aims and objectives.
- Teacher effectiveness.
- Great Britain.