Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Ellison, Rhoda Coleman, 1904-
Bibb County, Alabama.
University, Ala. : University of Alabama Press, ©1984
|Material Type:||Government publication, State or province government publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Rhoda Coleman Ellison
|ISBN:||0817301844 9780817301842 081730987X 9780817309879|
|Description:||xii, 320 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm|
|Contents:||Appendixes: 1. Revolutionary soldiers who settled in Bibb County --
2. County jury venire: 1819, 1820, 1821 --
3. Charge customers of James C.C. Wiley before 1829 --
4. Patients of Dr. David R. Boyd, 1829, and his successor, 1836 --
5. Owners of slaves (20 or more) in 1850 --
6. Citizens in certain vocations in 1860 --
7. Muster rolls of certain Confederate companies --
Bibb's State Militia Roll, November 25, 1865.
|Responsibility:||by Rhoda Coleman Ellison.|
-Ellison has written an outstanding book, a book that mirrors, on a reduced scale, many of the events of 19th-century Alabama and of much of the Deep South.---Southern Historian