Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Michael Collins; Éamon De Valera; Michael Collins; Éamon De Valera|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
T Ryle Dwyer
|Description:||371 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.|
|Responsibility:||T. Ryle Dwyer.|
But it was precisely in their differences and contradictions that their fascination lay. De Valera, the political pragmatist, hoped to secure independence through political agitation, whereas the ambitious Collins, with his restless temperament and boundless energy, was an impassioned patriot who believed in terror and assassination. T. Ryle Dwyer examines the years 1917-22 through the twists and turns of their careers. In an epilogue, he considers the legacy of Collins on de Valera's later political life. This book is the first attempt to examine both men in a comparative light.
- Collins, Michael, -- 1890-1922.
- Ireland -- History -- War of Independence, 1919-1921 -- Biography.
- Ireland -- History -- Civil War, 1922-1923 -- Biography.
- Ireland -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
- Revolutionaries -- Ireland -- Biography.
- Presidents -- Ireland -- Biography.
- De Valera, Éamon, -- 1882-1975.
- Politieke activiteit.
- Politieke onafhankelijkheid.
- Political science.