Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Ancell, R. Manning, 1942-
Biographical dictionary of World War II generals and flag officers.
Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 1996
|All Authors / Contributors:||
R Manning Ancell; Christine Marie Miller
|Description:||xii, 706 pages ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||This book contains "biographical material on all our country's generals and flag officers who served any amount of active duty between December 7, 1941 and September 2, 1945. This includes general officers of the U.S. Army, the U.S. Army Air Force, the National Guard and the U.S. Marine Corps and flag officers of the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard. In addition to regular officers, [this book] includes officers called to active duty from the Reserves, officers brought from retirement to temporary active duty, and officers promoted to high rank directly from civilian life" --
|Responsibility:||R. Manning Ancell with Christine M. Miller.|
"Compilers Ancell and Miller present almost 2,400 biographical entries that represent, they believe, 99 percent of US generals and flag officers of WWII ... this work will be of value in collections
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Biography -- Dictionaries.
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Biography -- Dictionaries.
- Generals -- United States -- Biography -- Dictionaries.
- Admirals -- United States -- Biography -- Dictionaries.
- Armed Forces.
- United States.
- Tweede Wereldoorlog.
- Admirals -- United States -- Biography.
- Generals -- United States -- Biography.
- United States -- Biography.
- United States -- Military history -- World War, 1939-1945 -- Biography.
- Military forces -- Officers
- United States