Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
David P Fidler; Lawrence O Gostin
|Description:||xi, 306 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||Introduction: the challenge of biosecurity in the twenty-first century --
part I. Biosecurity and biological weapons. The problem of biological weapons ; The new world of biological weapons governance --
part II. Biosecurity and public health. The securitization of public health ; The new world of public health governance --
part III. Biosecurity, the rule of law, and globalized governance. Biosecurity and the rule of law ; Globalizing governance: toward a global biosecurity concert ; Conclusion: the burden and opportunity of biosecurity in the global age.
|Responsibility:||David P. Fidler and Lawrence O. Gostin.|
"Fidler and Gostin have produced the best description yet of the traditional as well as the newly emerging laws, regulations, treaties and policies in international biosecurity. They navigate through
- Biological warfare -- Prevention.
- Bioterrorism -- Prevention.
- Biological weapons.
- Public health laws.
- Biological Warfare -- prevention & control.
- Biological Warfare -- legislation & jurisprudence.
- Public Health -- legislation & jurisprudence.
- Biological Warfare Agents -- legislation & jurisprudence.
- Bioterrorism -- prevention & control.
- Biologischer Krieg.