도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
Costume design drawings
|명시된 사람:||Tom Arnold; Oscar Asche; Arthur Collins; John Gielgud, Sir; W S Gilbert; Oscar Hammerstein, II; Alexander Korda, Sir; William Cameron Menzies; Ivor Novello; Laurence Olivier; Louis Napoleon Parker; Michael Powell; Emeric Pressburger; Victor Saville; William Shakespeare; Arthur Sullivan; Herbert Beerbohm Tree, Sir; Dion G Boucicault; Matheson Lang; J A E Malone|
|문서 형식:||아카이브 자료|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
Percy Anderson; John Armstrong; Léon Bakst; Cecil Beaton; G E Calthrop; Attilio Comelli; Gordon Conway; Frederick Dawson; Roger Furse; Elizabeth Haffenden; Aubrey Hammond; George W Harris; Tom Heslewood; Anthony Holland; Rene Hubert; Percy Macquoid; Oliver Messel; F C Milner; Herbert Norris; William J C Pitcher; Charles S Ricketts; Hugo Rumbold; Howell Russell; Irene Segalla; Sers.; Paul Shelving; Ernst Stern; Joe Strassner; Dolly Tree; Georges Wakhevitch; Doris Zinkeisen; B.J. Simmons & Co.; Motley (Organization)
|언어 메모:||Some materials in French.|
|설명:||224 document boxes, 331 oversize boxes, 227 portfolios, 35 flat file drawers (400 linear feet)|
The Production Portfolios comprise 227 folio scrapbooks of souvenir programs, clipped reviews and articles from entertainment periodicals, and photographs showing illustrations of stage and film costumes, often with accompanying textual descriptions or reviews. Over 8,000 productions between 1880 and 1959 are represented, most from London or Paris. Although many productions were dressed by Simmons, other stagings are also documented, allowing researchers to compare several presentations of the same play.
When published sources were not sufficient to meet the requirements of a particular theatrical production or commission, designers conducted research at libraries and museums. Over time, Simmons compiled a vast visual archive of tracings, clippings, photographs, postcards, and other ephemeral materials. The Geographic Costume Portfolios contain more than 10,000 items arranged in meticulous order by country (from Abyssinia to Yugoslavia) and time period. England and France are especially well represented.
After the initial production and sale of costumes, Simmons often leased their garments to amateur dramatic societies and subsequent professional productions. The records for this part of their enterprise are found in the Business Records series, as are other documents concerning the management of a costume house.
- Arnold, Tom, -- -1969.
- Asche, Oscar, -- 1871-1936.
- Collins, Arthur, -- 1864-1933.
- Gielgud, John, -- Sir, -- 1904-
- Gilbert, W. S. -- (William Schwenck), -- 1836-1911.
- Hammerstein, Oscar, -- II, -- 1895-1960.
- Korda, Alexander, -- Sir, -- 1893-1956.
- Menzies, William Cameron, -- 1896-1957.
- Novello, Ivor, -- 1893-1951.
- Olivier, Laurence, -- 1907-1989.
- Parker, Louis Napoleon, -- 1852-1944.
- Powell, Michael, -- 1905-1990.
- Pressburger, Emeric.
- Saville, Victor, -- 1895-1979.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616.
- Sullivan, Arthur, -- 1842-1900.
- Tree, Herbert Beerbohm, -- Sir, -- 1852-1917.
- D'Oyly Carte Opera Company.
- Gainsborough Studios.
- Gaumont British Picture Corp.
- London Film Productions.
- Samuel French & Son.
- Costume design -- England.
- Costume designers -- England.
- Motion pictures -- England -- 20th century.
- Theater -- England -- 20th century.
- Boucicault, Dion G.
- Lang, Matheson.
- Malone, J. A. E.
- Charles H. Fox Ltd.
- Rank Film Organization.