|提及的人：||Alex Mavros, (Fictitious character)|
|描述：||245 page ; 23 cm.|
The story is told in alternating chapters, a narrative set in the present day and also a first person harrowing account of the persecution of the Holocaust years. Whilst it is an indictment of the wartime collaboration and subsequent profiteering to which many countries turned a blind eye, and whilst it also underlines the extent of anti-Semitism still existing in Greece and elsewhere today, the novel also contains accounts of working life in the concentration camps and how survival of some Jews might depend on their working for the SS and even sending one's own family members to their deaths in the gas chambers. This is the latest outing for half-Greek, half-Scottish Private Investigator, Alex Mavros.
- Mavros, Alex (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Private investigators -- Greece -- Fiction.
- Antisemitism -- Fiction.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Fiction.
- Jewelers -- Fiction.
- Private investigators -- Greece -- Thessalonikē -- Fiction.
- Mavros, Alex -- (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.