Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||William L Fox; Mark Klett; William L Fox; Mark Klett|
|Material Type:||Biography, Government publication, State or province government publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William L Fox; Mark Klett
|Description:||xiv, 77 pages : illustrations ; 18 cm.|
|Series Title:||Desert places.|
|Responsibility:||text by William L. Fox ; photographs by Mark Klett.|
"Writer and poet William Fox has demonstrated his familiarity with the Great Basin in such books as Mapping the Empty, just as Mark Klett has been documenting the landscape of the American West in his photographic studies. Now these artists turn their combined talents to an appreciation of this desolate corner of North America, where the only change in scenery comes with the shifting patterns of cracks in the earth after seasonal rains." "The Black Rock Desert is an introspective guide to a place so daunting that few dare to venture there alone. For anyone seeking to understand how and why we perceive these deserts the way we do, this book charts the rugged intersection of the American landscape and the human spirit."--Jacket.
"Introspective and personal. Written in accessible prose that bursts into pure poetry, it renders Fox's deep affection and sensibility for the playa. . . . Groping to describe why the desert pulls
- Black Rock Desert (Nev.) -- Description and travel.
- Black Rock Desert (Nev.) -- Pictorial works.
- Black Rock Desert (Nev.) -- History.
- Natural history -- Nevada -- Black Rock Desert.
- Fox, William L., -- 1949- -- Travel -- Nevada -- Black Rock Desert.
- Klett, Mark, -- 1952- -- Travel -- Nevada -- Black Rock Desert.
- Fox, William L., -- 1949-
- Klett, Mark, -- 1952-
- Natural history.
- Nevada -- Black Rock Desert.