Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Trials, litigation, etc
|Named Person:||Oliver Brown; Oliver Brown|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
David Kendall; Bill Kurtis; KTWU-TV (Television station : Topeka, Kan.); Washburn University of Topeka.; Films for the Humanities & Sciences (Firm)
|Notes:||Originally produced as a motion picture in c2004.
This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
Special features include (32 min.): Migrating to Kansas; Recruiting Oliver Brown; Representing Kansas; Integrated schools; Impact on black teachers; Resegregation & Brown III; NewsHour segment.
|Credits:||Director of photography, Scott Williams ; original music composed and performed by Lemuel Sheppard.|
|Performer(s):||Narrator: Bill Kurtis ; readings by Walter Cronkite, Gwen Ifill, Jim Lehrer, Bill Moyers.|
|Description:||1 videodisc (56 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Contents:||Everything wasn't just right --
A rallying cry --
The plaintiffs --
Federal district court --
The Supreme Court --
Hearts and minds --
All deliberate speed --
This wonderful little story.
|Other Titles:||Black white and Brown
Brown versus the Board of Education of Topeka
|Responsibility:||produced by KTWU/Channel 11, Washburn University of Topeka ; produced, written & edited by Dave Kendall.|
- Brown, Oliver, -- 1918-1961 -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Discrimination in education -- Law and legislation -- United States -- History.
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation -- United States -- History.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History.
- Brown, Oliver, -- 1918-1961.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Discrimination in education -- Law and legislation.
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation.
- United States.