Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||xxiv, 373 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Introduction: Legend of Tobacco Road --
Tides of March --
Fighters and the fight --
Dominate, then integrate --
Catch us if you can --
Blue blood bitterness --
One riseth, another retires --
Fall of an empire --
Postscript : twnty-first century Duke-Carolina.
|Responsibility:||Art Chansky ; with a foreword by Dick Vitale.|
"The Duke-Carolina rivalry has fostered more than thirty former players from the two schools playing or coaching in the NBA; it has cultivated a maniacal subculture of fans who camp out for weeks just to get tickets to the seasonal matchups; it has enchanted a nation of spectators to watch games between the archrivals, garnering some of the highest regular-season TV ratings in history. Blue Blood celebrates the history of this rivalry, the traditions, the heritage, and, most important - the spectacular basketball."--BOOK JACKET.
- Duke Blue Devils (Basketball team) -- History.
- North Carolina Tar Heels (Basketball team) -- History.
- Duke University -- Basketball -- History.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Basketball -- History.
- Sports rivalries -- North Carolina -- History.
- College sports -- North Carolina -- History.
- Duke Blue Devils (Basketball team)
- Duke University.
- North Carolina Tar Heels (Basketball team)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- College sports.
- Sports rivalries.
- North Carolina.