Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Early works to 1800
|Named Person:||Thomas Bowdery; John Grange; Jasper Mayne|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Grange; Thomas Bowdery; Jasper Mayne; Pre-1650 Manuscript Collection (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library); University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
|Language Note:||Text in English (recto) and Latin (verso).|
Title supplied by cataloger.
Dated in first line of verso: "vicesimosepto die maij ano. regni ... Elizabethae ... quadragessimo" (27 May 1598).
Layout: 12 lines of text on recto, 7 on verso.
Two small lacunae near the end of lines 4 and 7 recto.
Script: Written in a 16th-century English chancery hand.
Origin: Verso signed by John Grange.
Provenance: Purchased from Elizabethan Bookseller, 1953.
Shelf-mark: Urbana, IL, University of Illinois Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Pre-1650 MS 0099.
|Description:||1 sheet : parchment ; 80 x 240 mm.|
- Bowdery, Thomas, -- active 16th century-17th century.
- Grange, John, -- active 16th century-17th century.
- Mayne, Jasper, -- active 16th century-17th century.
- Trials -- England -- 16th century.
- Manuscripts, English -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.
- Middlesex (England) -- Trials, litigation, etc. -- Early works to 1800.