|类型/形式：||Books of hours
Early works to 1800
Prayers and devotions Early works to 1800
Texts Early works to 1800
|提及的人：||Mary, Blessed Virgin Saint|
Madelaine de Langle; Catholic Church.; Pre-1650 Manuscript Collection (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library); University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
Title supplied by cataloger; former title from front pastedown.
Text on front and rear pastedown; illegible text on pasted sides as well.
On fol. 1r and 2r ms. prayers in ink in beautiful contemporary miniscule hand (with gothic influences) by François de Langle.
Several ms. notes in ink in the calendar, some dated (second half of the 16th century), by various hands.
Decoration: Illuminated initials at beginning of every paragraph, red or blue, within the text. Each incipit page written within lavishly decorated and illuminated borders.
Binding: 17th cent., calf over boards, brass clasps.
Origin: Probably written in northern France or Flanders, cf. saints present in calendar.
Provenance: Purchased from Perlstein, 31 October 1960.
Shelf-mark: Urbana, IL, University of Illinois Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Pre-1650 MS 0138.
Former shelf-mark: 264.027 C286h (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign).
|描述：||150 leaves : parchment, col. ill. ; 180 x 140 mm.|
|内容：||Fol. 1r-2r: Latin inscriptions in a later hand --
3r-14v: Calendar including the feasts of Aldegonde (30 Jan), Bride (1 Feb), Blase (3 Feb), Aubin (1 Mar), Adryen (4 Mar), Urban (25 May), Giles (1 Sep), Lambert (17 Sep) and Hubert (3 Nov) --
15r-22v: "[ill.] Deus in adiutorium meu[m] D[omi]ne ad adiuvandum me festina" --
23r-30v: "[ill., border] Incipiunt hore de sancto Spiritu" --
31r-75v: "[ill., border] Incipiunt hore beate marie v[ir]ginis" --
76r-85v: Penitential psalms. "[ill., border] Incipiunt septem psalmi" --
86r-89v: Litany --
90r-113v: Office of the Dead --
114r-115v: Prayer attributed to St. Gregory. "[rubr.] O domine ... adoro te i[n] cruce".
|其他题名：||Horae canonicae cum devotione|
A prayer book belonging to Madelaine de Langle, a daughter of Francois de Langle (cf. ms note on fol. 115v).
- Mary, -- Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Prayers and devotions -- Latin -- Early works to 1800.
- Catholic Church -- Prayers and devotions -- Early works to 1800.
- Catholic Church -- Liturgy -- Texts -- Early works to 1800.
- Books of hours -- Texts -- Early works to 1800.
- Devotional literature, Latin (Medieval and modern) -- Early works to 1800.
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval -- France.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern) -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.
- Manuscripts, Medieval -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.